Thursday, September 16, 2010

C is for Camera, Computers, and Charlevoix!

This week in first grade computer classes I am reading the book Crictor by Tomi Ungerer. Students then work together to make different letters of the alphabet like the snake did in the book. I use a digital camera to take a picture of each letter, which later become the alphabet for my Word Wall. Years ago when I first started doing this lesson most of the students had never seen a digital camera. They were amazed that they could see the picture right away on the camera and computer, and even more in awe that they got to take a copy of it home that day. Now students are no longer surprised by digital cameras. I use the lesson to explain how far technology has come and that before digital cameras, you had to wait hours or even days to finally see your picture.

1 comment:

  1. This sure looks like lots of fun. What a great way to explain the growth of technology!

    ReplyDelete