For last year's open house our SMARTboards were up, but unfortunately not running. I thought I would list a few ideas for teachers if they want to show theirs off. Many parents haven't yet seen the boards in action.
- Have each student's name typed in a text box in Notebook. They could move it from a "Not Here Yet" list to an "I Was Here" side of the board (I am borrowing this idea from Mrs. McLean. Thanks!)
- Use a Jeopardy template or some other quiz set up. Have questions about your class and when someone taps it, the answer reveals.
- Have an interactive web site up to try. Some ideas might be Starfall for lower elementary or Magnetic Poetry for upper elementary.
- If you already have a slideshow with rules, expectations, pictures, specials schedule, etc. set it up to go automatically.
- If you don't have time for much, just open your Notebook software. Let everyone sign in and maybe try the different tools.