Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Google Custom Search

Last week I was lucky to go to the MACUL (Michigan Association for Computer Users in Learning) conference in Detroit. I learned many great things, but the one I end up using the most may be Google Custom Search. For class projects, I have always been nervous about doing an all out Google search. Instead I would put a list of links on a page or have a series of shortcuts for the students to follow. With Google Custom Search I won't have to do that. I can set up a search that will just look through the web sites I specify. Here is one I did for future 50 States projects. Students will still get practice searching, but the resources will be ones I pick.

1 comment:

  1. Miss Frank:
    I can't wait to use this idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete